This accessibility statement applies to www.royaldevoncharity.org.uk
This website is run by Royal Devon Hospital Charity. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some older PDF and Word documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
We strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, but it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually working to improve the accessibility and usability of the website, but if you have any suggestions or are experiencing any difficulties downloading files or accessing a particular page please contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Royal Devon Hospital Charity is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliant aspects of the site
- ARIA menu – Certain navigation items are missing suitable area role attributes
- Navigation Tab-Indexing – Keyboard navigation on the menu is currently not possible.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some older PDF and Word documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. We plan to add compliant PDF files from now onwards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on November 30, 2023. It was last reviewed on November 30, 2023. Test was performed using WAVE accessibility evaluation tool and Google Lighthouse.